Stone & Berg Company
5th generation distributor of locksmith supplies and tools launches digital commerce storefront
At a Glance – Project Highlights
- New digital commerce storefront and online customer portal for 5th generation distributor of security and locksmith products powered by Ultra Commerce
- Manage and import rich product catalogs (20,000+ SKUs) from over 90 vendors and connect to ERP
- Sync real-time product information pricing and inventory with back office system and push order and account data between ERP and commerce platform
- Complete customer account portal with one-click reordering, self-service options, payment and order history with wishlist
This project with Ultra Commerce can only help us in our goal to grow, grab more market share, and branch out further than just New England. It’s been a great step in the right direction.
About Stone & Berg
Stone & Berg Company, Inc. is a fifth-generation business, established in 1883 and headquartered in Worcester, MA.
As a distributor of security and locksmith products, they currently offer a wide variety of products for security professionals from over 90 brands and manufacturers.
Improve Customer Service
Establish an online presence to better serve their customers, yet still retain the traditional core values that make them feel ‘old school’ and ‘special’ or ‘different’ from their competitors.
Sell Online Efficiently
Overcome previous negative eCommerce experiences. Online ordering without live pricing or visibility into on-hand availability.
Large Product Catalog
Manage, enhance and import rich product catalogs (20,000+ SKUs) from over 90 vendors and connect to ERP.
Sync real-time product information pricing and inventory with back office system and push order and account data.
- Self-service eCommerce that integrates seamlessly with their existing ERP where their inventory, pricing, and customer information – all precious data – resides.
- Front- to back-end B2B eCommerce fully encompassing and delivering on the customer experience.
- Omnichannel buying for customers with real-time updates on orders and the ability to update contact and payment information from anywhere at any time.
- Back-end ERP integration to ensure zero duplication, maximum efficiency across the organization.
- Customer service representatives and sales team can place orders for customers via phone or walk-in from the same singular view of the customer’s information.
- Intricate, complex permissions engine for Stone & Berg’s varied vendors and partners.
New commerce storefront and customer portal powered by an eCommerce platform with administration tools that allow for the ability to add SKUs, amend prices, make banner ads and create new promotions for new products to scale rapidly.
Robust Catalog with Dynamic Search
23,000 SKUs from 90 vendors to date and growing every day. Lightning-fast product filtering and search powered by customized product data catalog.
Winning the Customer Experience
Customer portal with self-service options for account management, easy reordering, and complete online and offline order history.
Ordering from anywhere. Place orders, view history, and review quotes from anywhere on any device with secure account access.
The implementation has been worth all of the time and effort. What we have now is miles better than what we had before. There’s not even a comparison in terms of functionality and ease of use. We have a website that’s actually useful and not just a site holder.
A new blog series about the critical eCommerce capabilities missing in most eCommerce platforms for B2B companies. #1: Quoting & Sales Support
A closer look from the Ultra perspective on what we really mean when we talk about headless commerce and why it may not be right for every company.
Davis Art is now the only online K-12 publisher dedicated to the arts, creating top-notch curriculum and resources for art educators nationwide, all from the Ultra Commerce platform.