‘Service, Service, Service’: How a Designer Bath & Hardware Distributor Delivered on their Customer Service Promise with a New eCommerce Storefront
It all came back to customer service: L&R Sales, Inc. launches a new eCommerce site that delivers on service and the customer experience.
Learn how L&R Sales, Inc. overhauled their eCommerce with a new site that provides customers with easy reordering, personalized pricing and live inventory and product info to really hammer home their focus on customer service and their experience.
I’m amazed at our new site and what it’s capable of achieving to help L&R reach that next level. We’re excited for what eCommerce means for our customers and our business going forward – we can grow with Ultra Commerce into the future.
Dino Schnare, Vice President, L&R Sales, Inc.
ABOUT L&R SALES, INC.
For nearly 50 years, L&R Sales, Inc. has been synonymous with excellence in wholesale distribution. Based in Worcester, Massachusetts, this family-owned company specializes in the architectural woodworking, kitchen and bath, and exhibit industries in New England. Kitchen and bath contractors, designers, and supply stores all rely on L&R to do their jobs. They can choose from tens of thousands of products from 100 different brands. L&R carries it all, from butcher blocks and cabinet doors to door tracks, drawer slides, and knobs – and everything in between. Whether they work in the residential or commercial market, L&R customers know they can find exactly what they need.
- The word ‘service’ is echoed repeatedly in L&R’s mantra – it is more than just outselling than the competition, it’s about providing industry-leading service for their customers and their eCommerce, by extension, must reflect that
- Be more than just a storefront that sells online – deliver a better selection of products
- Easy online bill pay – allow for customers to log in, view invoices and pay seamlessly and efficiently
- Account management – easily update account information for an experience in line with leading B2C/retailers, as well as provide a parent/child, multi-pronged account structure allowing for multiple users on the same corporate account to make purchases
- Verification/authorization gateway to ensure sales only to pre-approved audiences (I.e. licensed contractors, professional designers, supply stores). Any site visitor can search, browse and shop, but the company restricts purchasing to verified customers.
- Massive product catalog – 100 brands each with as many as 20,000 items. With plans to grow and expand product catalog to show customers just how much product is available.
- Integration with Agility, L&R’s ERP housing all their customer, pricing, inventory and product data. Live pricing and inventory sync to the website ensures that the customer is getting the best price and viewing the correct inventory.
- New website, eCommerce-enabled with full searchability by product and brand – customers can purchase past or favorite items, quickly update contact and payment information and pay invoices all in just a few clicks and all completely in sync with L&R’s ERP system
- Only verified shoppers can complete the ordering process on the site. L&R verifies each new account and purchase, sets specific pricing and assigns a sales associate to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Flexible, customer-focused interface designed for omnichannel excellence with full Customer Service Representative visibility into customer orders regardless of when or where they were placed
- Parent/child account enablement allowing for multiple team members to complete transactions on the same corporate account – letting everyone do their job efficiently
- Ultra Commerce integrated eCommerce platform with L&R’s Agility ERP to create a truly customer-focused experience. All account, order and product data is synched between the two systems.
- Configured complex product catalog supporting tens of thousands of SKUs for the 100 unique brands that L&R represents
- Ultra’s powerful permissions engine ensures that only verified customers with approved accounts can purchase from the L&R website
- Additional payment capabilities for Ultra Commerce customers with up to the minute access to product selection, inventory and easy reordering
- Ultra’s robust functionality and flexibility enable L&R to provide unparalleled service and gain a competitive edge
This project establishes a strong foundation for future collaboration between Ultra Commerce and Agility.
The Ultra platform integrates into our entire business from product catalog to ERP and order management to fulfillment, and that was a key challenge when we made our technology decision. [Ultra] understood our business’s challenges in a very deep way, and we are thrilled to have them as part of L&R’s future success.
Dino Schnare, Vice President, L&R Sales, Inc.
Our first post in a new blog series about the critical eCommerce capabilities missing in most eCommerce platforms for B2B companies.
Article #1: Quoting & Sales Support
Quoting and quote management enables organizations to connect their traditional sales process, support more complex transactions and build customer relationships.
A closer look from the Ultra perspective on what we really mean when we talk about headless commerce and why it may not be right for every company.
Davis Art is now the only online K-12 publisher dedicated to the arts, creating top-notch curriculum and resources for art educators nationwide, all from the Ultra Commerce platform.