Highly Specialized Manufacturer Requires Robust Product Solution
At a Glance – Project Highlights
- Used Ultra Commerce product configuration tools to create product specifications and data mapping that drive clear navigation paths to browse and discover products through Markets, Materials, or Brand (product line)
- Utilize content management system integration for limitless layout options and page setup while connected to product and commerce data
- Leveraged unique product data management and configuration tools in Ultra Commerce to create user friendly product datasheets for clients on demand helping sales team to deliver personalized results faster
- Modular capabilities in Ultra Commerce allowed Alphagary to refine their scope and provide biggest “bang for their buck” in what items were most valuable for launch – launch was smooth and on time.
The [Ultra] team is fantastic and made this process as easy as it could be. I’m grateful to be headed into the Christmas holiday at ease … and to have a chance to breathe before we come back with vigor next year to finish the job.
Manufacturer of specialty compounds for a wide range of applications
Since 1981, Alphagary has manufactured specialty compounds, formulated from a variety of polymers, that are purpose-designed for a wide range of applications.
Alphagary also formulates stabilizers, plasticizers and colorants designed for use in vinyl compounds. Alphagary is headquartered in Leominster, Massachusetts and has manufacturing facilities around the world.
Broad & Deep Product Data
Extensive and unique attributes across multiple product types, including multiple values for single attributes. Highly unique and extensive product, fringe to their industry, requiring a platform that can address such complexity.
Locked in with Bad Tech
Previous negative eCommerce experience with technology partners who did not apply a ‘team-based’ approach. Hosting deadline coming up fast, requiring a robust solution that can be deployed quickly.
Large, Complex Product Catalog
Cluttered, confusing path for customers to find the products they’re looking for. Product finder that omitted popular user personas.
Lack of Flexibility
Fixed content templates, lacking the variety in content display needed for each component. Limited ability to manage content and data.
- Added clear navigation paths to browse and discover products through Markets, Materials, or Brand (product line)
- Updated content management system with the ability to add child content types to a basic content page, creating limitless layout options for Alphagary’s heavy content needs
- Worked with Alphagary to refine their scope and provide biggest “bang for their buck” in what items were most valuable for launch – launch was smooth and on time
- Managed project using a true team-based approach, with regular team meetings, working sessions, updates and training
- Created a user friendly Product sheet for Client with specific Attribute population, as well as enhanced capabilities to accommodate more than one value where necessary within Ultra Commerce.
Revamped commerce storefront with the ability to add a variety of content types and configurations with a clear customer path to browse and search products by product line.
We’re live with the new Alphagary website in record time (~4 months if you can believe it!) and without a glitch. The handover was seamless and the teamwork was, and continues to be, amazing. I can honestly say that in all my years of working on projects / with agencies I’ve never experienced such a cohesive team who just quietly did what they said they were going to do, and who are absolutely competent at doing it!
A new blog series about the critical eCommerce capabilities missing in most eCommerce platforms for B2B companies. #1: Quoting & Sales Support
A closer look from the Ultra perspective on what we really mean when we talk about headless commerce and why it may not be right for every company.
Davis Art is now the only online K-12 publisher dedicated to the arts, creating top-notch curriculum and resources for art educators nationwide, all from the Ultra Commerce platform.